Update Your Bathroom’s Look for Less with Bathtub Refinishing— Is your bathtub showing its age? No matter how new your bathroom décor is or how much you’ve invested in new paint and fresh towels, a worn-out, damaged, or dingy bathtub can completely ruin the look of your bathroom.
Replacing a bathtub is expensive—but fortunately, you can now get the look of a brand new tub without the added cost by opting instead to refinish your existing bathtub. Read on to learn more about this cost-effective option.
What is Bathtub Refinishing?
Bathtub refinishing is a process in which a contractor refreshes and repairs the surface of your old bathtub so that it looks and feels like it’s brand new. The process involves a few key steps:
- First, the bathtub is cleaned thoroughly to remove soap scum and grime that has built up on the surface.
- Next, the contractor strips off the current bathtub finish and sands the surface down so that it is totally smooth.
- Before applying the new surface, the contractor repairs any chips, cracks, rust spots, or other imperfections in the bathtub.
- Then, the contractor applies the new finish. This step typically involves a primer, new surface, and finally, a topcoat. The contractor may apply multiple layers to make sure the tub looks and feels brand new—and to ensure that it stays in good condition for years to come.
What are the Benefits of Refinishing a Bathtub?
The key reason to choose bathtub refinishing over a replacement tub is that the refinishing process is substantially cheaper and simpler. Bathtubs themselves can be fairly inexpensive, but the labor costs of tearing out an old tub and installing a new one are prohibitive for many homeowners.
Replacing a tub often involves removing and repairing the surrounding finish of the walls and flooring, and also includes additional plumbing work. On the other hand, bathtub refinishing is a simple, one-time process that is completed in a few days’ time and leaves you with a totally new-looking tub.
Should I Refinish or Replace My Bathtub?
Choosing whether to refinish or replace your bathtub is a tough decision—and the answer ultimately depends on your family’s preferences and the budget you’ve allotted for your renovation process.
If you’re unhappy with the amount of space your bathtub takes up or if you dislike the shape and style of your tub, you may want to consider a replacement. Bathtub refinishing only addresses the surface and condition of your tub, so you will need to pursue a full replacement if you’re looking for a different style.
However, if you’re totally satisfied with the placement and design of your bathtub and you’re simply looking for a way to refresh it and make it look new again, then bathtub refinishing is a great option! The refinishing process is very affordable and will leave your tub looking as good as new.
Bathtub refinishing is a cost-effective and incredibly convenient way to get the new tub look you desire without the expense and hassle of tearing out your old bathtub and installing a new one.
Are you looking to hire a home improvement contractor in the Saint Cloud MN area? If so, you need to know that Craig at Schoenberg Construction is one of the best Home Improvement, Remodeling and General Contractors in St. Cloud and Central MN. He always gives honest, fair bids with no lowball, fake pricing. Plus, there’s no sales pressure, EVER. Craig and his staff never use cheap materials or engage in sloppy workmanship, and his company is known as one of the top construction service providers in Central Minnesota because Craig always insists on doing every job exactly right!
Give him a call today at 320-252-0911 for your no-obligation consultation.
Why Work With Schoenberg Construction
What We Value
What We Do
- Specific, Accurate Pricing
- Highly Skilled Carpenters
- Reliable, Skilled, and Valued Subcontractors
- Top, Quality Materials
- Unbeatable Customer Service
What You Get
- 75+ Years of Combined Custom Construction Experience
- The Project of Your Dreams for the Price You Were Promised