You can discover how to determine how much a bathroom renovation will cost you. Yes, it’s true. Read on to learn how to price your bathroom remodeling dreams.
- When undertaking a renovation you need to plan.
- Then, you need to make choices.
- And adjust your choices.
- What do you want to achieve with the upgrades?
- How much do you prefer to spend?
- Cosmetic Upgrade ($1,500 – 5,000)
- Budget ($5,000 – 8,000)
- Standard ($8,000 – 15,000)
- Upgraded ($15,000 – 40,000)
- Premium/Luxury ($45,000 +)
- Flooring (FYI, tile can get VERY expensive!)
- Shower/Bath Enclosure
- Bath Fixtures & Accessories
- How extensive is the work needed for this factor?
- What level of materials do I want to use for it?
- On a scale of 1 – 10, how important is this cost factor to the vision I have for my renovation?
Give Me the Numbers!
According to the 2020 Cost vs. Value Report (found here), a mid-range bathroom remodel costs about $21,377.
- Removing and moving walls
- Moving the plumbing
- New flooring (standard to upgraded product selection)
- Replace the vanity (standard to upgraded)
- Standard materials for toilet, lighting, and fixtures
- Re-arranging all aspects of the bathroom including the tub, shower, and vanity
- Repositioning the plumbing
- Installing specialty flooring
- Opting for an extra-large ceramic tile shower with glass doors or a specialty tub (as shown in the photo below of a bathroom Schoenberg Construction built).
- Selecting upgraded accessories (toilet, fixtures, and so forth).
If the mid-range to luxury bathroom renovation price tag takes your breath away…
We understand. (Sometimes it even takes ours away.)
But, truly, it comes down to priorities.
If it is important and worth it to you, you’ll build it.
If not, you won’t.
- Affordable but pretty, new flooring
- New, standard fixtures
- A new tub liner
- Upgrading/Replacing the shower door
- The size (in square footage) of the bathroom matters. (Yep… bigger bathrooms mean more costs.)
- The scale of the project. Is it a mid-range remodeling, an upscale remodeling, or some simple resurfacing.
- Your choice of materials matters, BIG TiME! Pick quality yet affordable bathroom selections and fixtures that fit your budget yet fulfill your vision.
- The final bathroom renovation cost factor is how the project will get done. Will you hire a professional contractor or do the work yourself?
(NOTE: Please avoid one-day bath remodeling companies and here is why.)
Even when armed with good information, bathroom remodeling costs can be complex. And if you want help determining the specific costs of the bathroom renovation, you should hire a pro.
Why Work With Schoenberg Construction
What We Value
What We Do
- Specific, Accurate Pricing
- Highly Skilled Carpenters
- Reliable, Skilled, and Valued Subcontractors
- Top, Quality Materials
- Unbeatable Customer Service
What You Get
- 75+ Years of Combined Custom Construction Experience
- The Project of Your Dreams for the Price You Were Promised