Before selecting a contractor for a building or remodeling project, consider the following tips recommended by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry.
• Look for builders who have experience with or specialize in the type of remodeling project you’d like to have completed.
• Ask friends, family members, and neighbors who have completed similar projects to recommend contractors to you. You can also get the names of reputable contractors from building supply companies and professionals in the construction industry.
• Once you have a particular contractor in mind, contact the Better Business Bureau to see whether or not he or she has received any complaints.
• Ask potential contractors for references and contact their former customers to ask about their experiences. Find out if there were any problems during the construction process and if they were happy with the quality of the finished work.
• Find out how long the contractor has been in business. Get a Minnesota business mailing address (not a post office box number). Finally, make sure to get a local phone number where you can reach the contractor during business hours.
Construction Red Flags
If you notice any of the following red flags, they could indicate that you’re working with an untrustworthy or unreliable contractor. It’s generally best to avoid contractors who:
- Show up to work in unmarked vehicles.
- Are willing to perform remodels and construction work at unusually low prices.
- Request hefty or full payments before starting work.
- Fail to provide you with written contracts or estimates.
- Will not provide you with a license number from the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry.
- Cannot or will not give you references.
- Show up to your home or office unsolicited.
- Use high-pressure sales tactics to get your business.
- Ask you to get permits for the construction work instead of obtaining them for you.
Work with Craig Schoenberg, Licensed General Contractor
Craig at Schoenberg Construction is one of the best general contractors in St. Cloud. Craig always gives honest, fair bids with no lowball, fake pricing—plus there’s no sales pressure ever. He never uses cheap materials and never engages in sloppy workmanship, and his company is known as one of the top home renovation companies in the Saint Cloud Minnesota area because he insists on doing every job exactly right.
Why hire Schoenberg Construction
We do our very best to ensure that you’ll experience joy and fulfillment from your building project long after the construction process is completed. Schoenberg Construction has proudly served central Minnesota since 1974—and we want you to be satisfied with the final physical results of your building project as well as the long-term emotional results. To ensure your complete satisfaction with our work, we offer a quality finished product and great service that meets all of your needs.
Our owner, Craig Schoenberg is proud to help you build your dreams. Contact him today for a no-obligation estimate and begin making your dreams a reality. Call Craig at 320-252-0911 or send him an email.